Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Look what popped up today!

Here in Indiana we are once again facing Winter's brutal grasping hand.  Snow, Sleet and rain and blustery winds.  Yesterday we had a beautiful Spring day that had the kids out riding bikes and playing ball.  I did see the beginning of the daffodils in my cousins yard this morning, thank goodness they do not mind the snow (too much).


Inside the warmth of my hearth room the tomato seeds found the conditions to their liking and popped through the soil!!  My youngest child squealed with glee a the site of them just now.  Her first question "Which ones are boys and which ones are girls?", merrily jumping up and down.  "I want to name one Charlotte"

I began to explain the make up of the tomato plant, which quickly brought the 10 year old brain to a halt, taking all the fun out of naming the plants.  I guess Beefsteak and San Marzano are not great names for plants and they need a first middle and last name.










Meet Charlotte (the one on the right) Marie San Marzano the tomato plant.
One Broken Nail Garden and Landscaping is at your service. 
 Accepting clients for the 2014 growing season.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, spring! I am really looking forward to Salsa on the patio.

    ReplyDelete